Prep cooks are a vital position at Home Team BBQ as they assist the kitchen in multiple functions. This position performs routine tasks such as setting up stations, meal prep, maintain sanitation, assist with washing dishes, taking out trash, etc.
Duties, Responsibilities, Station Requirements:
- AM Prep follows prep list created by Executive Chef or Sous Chef using set recipes.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, etc. to prepare for cooking.
- Label and stock all ingredients in an organized way, making it easy to access.
- Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by Home Team.
- Must maintain a clean and organized station while practicing good safety and sanitation skills during prep and service times.
- AM Back-Up Sets up steam table on Front Line with appropriate water levels and pans in place. Follows 'Daily Backup Sheet' and heats up all food to proper temperatures for service.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize work and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines of food displays.
- Handle multiple tasks at one time while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized work environment.
- Follow recipes, to increase or decrease recipe as needed.
- Work in a fast paced, intense work environment, sometimes under extreme heat and stress.
- 100% -- Stands during entire shift.
- 75% -- Reaches, bends and stoops frequently.
- 20% -- Carries 35lbs. about ten times per shift. over medium distances (20-30 feet).
- 10% -- Verbally communicates with fellow co-workers.
|||538 Folly Road, Charleston SC 29412|||||||||DtU4CEZnVxJfoSUE|||OTHER|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||18|||23|||true